The TEI Region VII 2015 Annual Conference, held in June at the Westin Hilton Head Resort in South Carolina, drew more than 100 members, 115 family members, and 100-plus sponsors and speakers, including TEI members from other chapters. Highlights included:
- Legislative update by Kevin Levingston (PWC) and Bob Adams (McGladrey)
- State sessions led by Eric Tresh (Sutherland), Matt Polli (Deloitte), and Kelly Smith (PWC)
- Update on IRS and appeals issues moderated by Robert Loray (member company UPS), Shelly Kay and Joe DePew (Sutherland), and Mike Dolan and Buck Buchanan (KPMG)
- Corporate tax department ethics presented by former TEI Executive Director Timothy McCormally (KPMG) and Kristy Rempalski (Crowe Horwath)
- Appearance from Lonnie and Mike Murphy (former TEI executive director), who looked in great health and even attempted to make excuses for his golf game
A special thanks to the more than thirty sponsors supporting this conference and other events. Some key sponsors: BDO, opening reception; McGladrey LLP, bagels and bocce ball breakfast; Grant Thornton and Thomson Reuters, Thursday night opening reception; Crowe Horwath LLP, conference Internet access; Dixon, Hughes & Goodman LLP, beach bags and lanyards; Experis, break and cocktail reception; Ernst & Young, golf tournament and golfers’ lunch; Deloitte Tax LLP, morning break; KPMG LLP, Friday night reception and banquet; CCH, cocktail reception; Bloomberg BNA, beach fun afternoon; and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, family final night finale.