The TEI Carolinas Chapter is pleased to offer TEI members and guests the opportunity for a half-day of Tax Accounting training on ASC 740 (Beginning Level) on November 30th, 2022. The program will be presented by Deloitte Tax professionals from the Carolinas. The program will be held in-person in Deloitte offices located in Charlotte (live) and Raleigh (virtually in their conference room). There will not be a virtual option from home offered.
Space is limited, so registrations also will be limited, as described below; be sure to sign up early if you or a member of your department is interested in attending!
As a part of the registration:
- Please indicate the location you will be attending by answering the question included in the registration.
- Please provide your mobile number in the question provided. The phone number is needed for Deloitte’s Office Management System. We will be providing the name, email address and phone number of the attendees to Deloitte to enter the offices.
Note: Parking will be the responsibility of the attendee. There are several parking decks close to the Deloitte Offices in Charlotte and Raleigh.
See below for additional program details.
Tax Accounting Education (Entry-level program)
Date of event 11/30/2022 from 9am-3pm
- Total of 4/5 CPE hours (TBD)
- Interim/Period breaks and 1 hour for lunch (Deloitte is graciously providing lunch!)
- The event will be live in the Deloitte Charlotte office and broadcast virtually in the Deloitte Raleigh office.
- Tax Accounting Education Series Topics (for 11/30/22 and future sessions*):
- Fundamental Concepts
- Computing the Tax Provision
- Identify permanent and temporary differences
- Account for Uncertain Tax Positions
- Calculate current taxes payable (or refund receivable)
- Prepare provision to return adjustments
- Compute deferred taxes
- Compute income tax expense (or benefit)
- Analyze need for valuation allowance
- Reconcile Tax Accounts and Record Journal Entries
- Prepare Rate Reconciliation
- Prepare Disclosures
- Interim Reporting
- There is no cost to attend for TEI members and there will be a $50 fee for non-members.
Deloitte Charlotte Office (Live presentation – Limited to first 26 registrants)
650 S Tryon St Suite 1800
Charlotte, NC 28202
Deloitte Raleigh Office (In-person, Virtual presentation – Limited to first 16 registrants)
150 Fayetteville St Suite 1000
Raleigh, NC 27601
*The specific topics to be covered in the Entry-level program are still TBD. We will evaluate our members level of interest in the topics covered and the remaining topics and work with Deloitte to determine whether and when to schedule additional tax provision and tax accounting educational programs.
TEI Carolinas President – 2022/2023
|Registration Ends||Monday, November 28, 2022|
Deloitte Offices – Charlotte and Raleigh
Charlotte-Raleigh, NC 28202
|Default Non Member||$50.00|